June 23, 2015

Exhcanging postcards

Good evening fellow readers. I just started my trimester and was having a one month trimester break. When I came back, the first thing i thought of was - postcards.

January this year, my Thursday class was until afternoon only. So February is the celebration of Chinese New Year and our university will always have flee market at the canteen. So I decided to go to the flee market. I was a booth with country flags and it caught my eye. I went over to see what was it, I saw postcards all over the table and was quite curious. A guy approached me and told me what is Postcrossing all about. It is not a club or society of the university. It is a platform for people to exchange postcards. To exchange to people you don't know. Random people from all over the world. At first I felt quite dangerous to put up my address but after having some thought, I agree on joining.

Not only that, they told me that I'll get free postcards upon registering myself. No harm trying because i can just delete it.



It is easy to use and to understand how things goes. The only important thing to see is the side bar of the left. Are you a beginner? You just need to press - send a postcard and then a person's profile will appear. You can write anything on the postcard you want to send. People mostly introduce their country or hobbies.

Besides, a good news to join Postcrossing is that Malaysia is one of the country that require cheap stamp, Rm0.50 to any country. However, you can always paste more for them to collect. 


Link to Postcrossing - https://www.postcrossing.com/
What is Postcrossing - https://www.postcrossing.com/help/what-is-postcrossing


I am staying in a hostel so I need to get my postcard from my hostel office. The reason I thought of blogging this was because of the postcard I received today.

This postcrosser did not send me a postcard but a card inside a envelop. He also gave me a very special stamp.



 What surprises me were the stamps I saw once I open the card. I didn't expect to see these stamps. Really thank Arja for it.


Below is the postcards I received so far. Hope everyone enjoy reading. Don't forget to register yourself at the website too.
Happy Postcrossing!


No comments:

Post a Comment