June 03, 2015

Taiwan 7D6N May 2015 - Preparation

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well, have not been really good as a blogger. However, I will try to post more frequent for you to read. I’m happy to say that, I will be blogging on my trip. I always wanted or hope that I could go to other countries to have a walk, to enjoy and to see how the country is but didn't get a chance. Since I have a brother who is studying in Taiwan, it have been at the top of my list for at least 2 years. However, I told myself that without a phone with better functions and without a camera makes the trip boring and I can't look back at the photos for aftertaste. Saving money is so essential too! Anyway, after trying to get permission to go for a trip for quite some years, thank God I finally get the chance because MAS airline was having promotion and flight ticket is therefore cheap. After comparing the price with Air Asia (AA), the difference was little and why choose AA knowing that there would not be having any meals (extra changes needed) and flight might delay. One thing that we would waste on is the baggage because we won’t be traveling with 30kg bags. So this is the advantage of going for AA. My last vacation going by an aeroplane was eleven years ago. The only thing I pray for is a safe flight after knowing so many cases of aircraft incidents and accidents. The next step after booking a flight is to plan the trip. Three person, including me, we will be going for a 7 days 6 nights Taiwan trip from May 18-24 2015. Will update this blog soon. Stay Tune!

My Planned Itinerary

Day 1(Monday 18/5/15):       Malaysia - TaoYuan Airport – Gao Xiong
Day2 (Tuesday 19/5/15):        Gao Xiong -  Tai Zhong city - Feng Jia
Day3 (Wednesday 20/5/15):   Feng Jia – Ching Jing - Feng Jia
Day 4 (Thursday 21/5/15):      Feng Jia – Tai Pei
Day 5 (Friday 22/5/15):          Tai Pei – Jiu Fen - Dan Shui - Tai Pei
Day 6 (Saturday 23/5/15):      Tai Pei – City day trip - Xi Men Ding - Tai Pei
Day 7 (Sunday 24/5/15):         Tai Pei – TaoYuan Airport - Malaysia

my taiwan_map
      

 

Preparation for Taiwan Trip

1) Booking THSR: TaoYuan to Gao Xiong by THSR (Taiwan high speed railway高铁). I’ve booked the ticket a month ago before the day of travel from their website. If you plan to book the early bird ticket to save up 35% or 9% or 8%, then you need to make sure the timing on that day is correct. If not, your ticket is “burned”. Also, payment for your booking if by using credit card. 2) Accommodation in KaoShiung: While looking for a room, my brother found this and since it is cheaper than the one I manage to search (website), we’ve book the room from the website that leads to another website that tells the further details of the room types. We chose 好望角海景雙人房摩天館 because this is the room that can add an extra bed in a double room at the price of 999nt + 300nt(extra bed) = 1299nt. For your information, there is a 85floors building at Gao Xiong and there are many owners who rent their house or room to tourist. However, some rooms are not placed at the 85floors building but at another building nearby (38floors building if I’m not mistaken) which is only 5mins walk away. 3) Accommodation in TaiChung: If you’re under a budgeted trip, then choosing room at Tai Zhong is not an easy job because there are so many to choose and the price range is almost the same. At first, I wanted to go for a recommended one but all rooms are booked a month ago (before my trip). So I have to look for another one and I’ve decided to book from Migo Stay since there is a room for 3 person at the price of 1400nt x 2(2nights) = 2800nt.

My Taiwan Travelogue

Taiwan 7D6N May 2015 – Preparation

Taiwan 7D6N May 2015 – Day 1    Gao Xiong – Xi Zi Wan

Taiwan 7D6N May 2015 –  Day2    Gao Xiong – Tai Zhong – Feng Jia

Taiwan 7D6N May 2015 –  Day3    Pu Li – Qing Jing – Feng Jia

Taiwan 7D6N May 2015 –  Day 4   Feng Jia – Ye Liu – Tai Pei

Taiwan 7D6N May 2015 –  Day 5   Tai Pei – Jiu Fen – Dan Shui

Taiwan 7D6N May 2015 – Day 6   Tai Pei – City Tour

Taiwan 7D6N May 2015 –  Day 7  Tai Pei – Malaysia

 

Other Preparations

Must Bring: Umbrella / Rain Coat / Cap (it will be very useful when you meet up with Plum Rain) Universal converter adapter plug Small bags for cosmetic products, clothes, shoes, toiletries bag etc You can simply check out this website for more details.
20150525_00525920150525_005213 20150525_005409 20150525_005124

 Must Plan/Prepare:
1) Itinerary (Trip flow)
Note: it might not be easy but could learn a lot through it and experience during the trip.
2) Book accommodation
Note: some motel has promotion for early bird(book a month earlier)
3) Promotion / Voucher / Gift
Taiwan Tourism Bureau KL Office (Taiwan Visitors Association KL Office)
Suite 25-01, Level 25, Wisma Goldhill, 67 Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +603-20706789        Fax: +603-20723559
E-mail: tbrockl@taiwan.net.my (I contacted them through mail, they'll reply in a day)
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm (Close for Lunch from 12.00pm to 1.30pm)
4) Important Document (passport, visa) 5) Finance
10,000nt per person for a budgeted trip(exculde airticket) would be enough

Extra:

Taiwan
1. Bus companies
2. 穷游 Qiong You Website 
3. 台湾岛 Taiwan Island
4. Taiwan Backpack 台湾自由行
5. Bee Hive 蜜蜂窝

Tai Pei
1. Guide at TaiPei
2. Tour around TaiPei

Tai Chung
1. Travel Net
2. GaoMei Wetland (the place I wanted to go)
3. Nan Tou 南投

Tai Nan

Stay:

Taiwan
Tai Pei
Tai Chung
4. MIL G


That's all for now.
Up Next: Taiwan 7D6N May 2015 - Day 1 Gao Xiong

No comments:

Post a Comment